Thursday, June 4, 2009

Okay, Red Cross, I'll stop rolling my eyes.

I just received a donation request form from the American Red Cross. Great, give blood, it will probably save some one's life.

They have titled a local effort the "Twilight Blood Drive" for next month. The graphic on the flier is that pair of now infamous cupped hands from Meyer's book cover, but instead of an apple, they hold a cross. The Gothic writing that would typically reveal the author's name says, "What do you give for?"

At first I'm all, FFS. Why is the ARC hopping on the extremely overladen bandwagon of highly estrogened women and girls of all ages, capitalizing on the swoonicity of RPat? Then I thought, it doesn't matter. Apparently this particular drive is aimed at high school targets, and if fantasizing about vampires and a deep, soul-shattering love at 17 years old is what gets transfusionees a little more A Positive, cheers. In fact, genius idea, whoever thought of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment